The NTN, an equal opportunity employer is a Performing Arts Development, Promotion and Preservation institution.
We invite competent and self-disciplined candidates for the position of an Accountant (C1)
- Namibian Citizen
- Valid Driver’s License
- Grade 12 with Diploma Qualification in Accounting & Finance or related fields
- At least three (3) years working experience in Accounting, Bookkeeping/ Debtors/ Creditors environment
- Basic knowledge of accounting and Pastel Computerized Accounting system
- Excellent computer literacy skills (Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Excellent analytical and financial interpretation
- Accuracy and good numerical skills
- An aptitude for basic IT will be an added advantage.
- The Accountant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the NTN
- Book keeping activities which includes:
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment
- Reconciling of sales ledgers, purchase ledgers and preparing payments requests
- Accounts reconciliations: verifying calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct and up to date
- Processing and Reconciliation of the Bank accounts
- Managing and processing of petty cash transactions
- Sales and Purchase order processing
- Processing of journals and working with spreadsheets
- Assists the Admin/HR & Financial Manager with standard accounts administration and ensure proper filling of documentation
- Assists the Finance Manager and is able to execute accounting duties and delegated tasks
- Checking and follow up of statutory accounts (e.g. VAT & PAYE, SSC etc.)
- Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries
- Controlling credit and following up on debt
- Oversee the use of company vehicles/transport through monitoring fuel usage, log books, tracking of vehicles.
- Perform any other duties delegated by Management.
Skills and competencies
- Maintain high level of confidentiality, good organisational skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent team player with great interpersonal communication skills as well as good written and spoken English (to deal with internal customers and external contacts)
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure as well as implement own processes.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a psychometric test. We offer a competitive remuneration, medical aid and pension.
Applications (no faxes) and C.V. to:
Human Resource Practitioner
National Theatre of Namibia
12 John Meinert Street
Please Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and no CV’s will be returned.
Closing Date: 17 February 2023 at 16H00